Plant Fitter / Mechanic (Recycling Sector)
Total Aggregate Recycling Solutions Ltd is a family owned and run business, with over 30 years’ experience and growing in the haulage and recycling industry. We supply our customers with innovative waste recycling solutions, handled in a professional, compliant, and reliable manner.
We are currently recruiting for a Full-Time Plant Fitter / Mechanic to join our expanding team to provide support to our busy plant operations based from St Osyth.
As a plant fitter / mechanic, your role will be to identify machine faults and to carry out the necessary repairs in all aspects of mobile & static plant equipment / vehicles. The role requires someone who is self-motivated with a good attitude and keen to learn, must have mechanical experience.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Diagnose faults, service, strip repair and test engines.
- Deal with day-to-day servicing and maintenance of mobile and static plant, vehicles, and machinery such as:
- Screeners, crushers and wash plants.
- Loading shovels, 360 excavators, dozers and tractors
- Artic, tipper and grab lorries
- Fit hydraulic components, set up and test.
- Keep fleet running smoothly.
- Minimise operational downtime.
- Ability to diagnose problems effectively and carry out necessary repairs.
- Commercial vehicle knowledge would be desirable.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work under own initiative.
- Maintain good housekeeping.
- Complete relevant paperwork
- Fabrication and burning
- Abrasive wheels – Training will be given.
- Maintain Health and Safety standards
- Demonstratable experience in plant fitter role is essential. (NVQs Req)
- Mechanical, welding / fabrication and electrical skills / qualifications are desirable. (NVQs Req)
- Ability to operate safely and effectively in a large industrial environment.
- Organised, safety conscious and motivated.
- Comfortable working in inside and outside environments all year round.
- Monday to Friday 07:00am – 17:30pm.
- Rotas Saturdays 07:00am – 12:00pm.
- Shifts may vary by prior arrangement to meet plant/vehicle inspections.
If you would like any more information or have any questions regarding this position, please contact James Carter on 01206 307030.